Why Choose Octave?
Relationships - Clarity - Efficiency.
Why Choose Octave?
- We produce high quality engineering designs with outstanding attention to detail
- We make things happen, and quick!
- We fully understand our clients needs
- At Octave you always deal with a dedicated project manager. We don’t hide!
- We are a one stop shop for a wide range of design services
- We aim to build long-term partnerships with our clients and suppliers
- Our clients and partners have total confidence in our expertise
- Our straight forward and honest communication style instills confidence in our clients that their needs and requirements will be understood and delivered fully
- We appreciate the time and budget pressures our clients are under and are able to work within these without compromising on quality and detail
- Being focused on clients’ needs
- Having empathy with clients’ situation
- Being trustworthy
- Being able to adapt own interaction style to clients’ style
- Taking ownership / responsibility for clients’ problems
- Being personable at all times
- Talking straight and honestly
- Producing clear concise documentation
- Being able to adapt communication preferences to clients’ needs
- Always being able to meet deadlines wherever possible
- Meeting budgets
- Offering clients a single point of contact within Octave
What we do
We provide mechanical engineering design and consultancy services on residential, commercial andindustrial buildings.
Our day to day activities can include:
- Drawings (using AutoCAD)
- Calculations (typically using specialist software or Excel)
- Specifications (using MS Word)
- Writing and responding to emails from clients, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Visiting site to carry out surveys and attend progress meetings
- Preparing tender documentation for contractors to price
- Producing feasibility reports to provide recommendations for design
- Design team/client meetings both in our office and external
- Marketing activities
- Admin activities such as mileage logs, accounting, invoice payment and issuing
Our mission is to provide top quality professional engineering service to our clients. We are committed to high standards of client service.
We aim that our clients recognise our high quality, clear and concise design strategy and give us a chance to prove that we can exceed the level of service and commitment to our competitors. After providing an excellent service, we aim for repeat work and continue to develop a loyal client base to ensure security for the short, medium and long term development of the company.
We aim to be recognised for our design excellence, design team integration and commitment to sustainability. Our designs are carried out in a logical process, often using the RIBA stages. We ensure that our designs fully meet client’s needs in terms of system suitability, budget, visual aspect etc as well as meeting the necessary CIBSE design criteria and building regulations.
We are introducing a staff training and development programme for intern, graduate and apprentice engineers. This is inspired by Carl, who joined the industry as a school leaver apprentice at the age of 16 and has completed all qualifications whilst in full time employment.